Lesson Plans World History II SOL 13d: Cold War People
see url Standard WH II: The student will demonstrate knowledge of major events in the second half of the twentieth century by
go Objectives: describing major contributions of selected world leaders in the second half of the twentieth century, including Indira Gandhi, Margaret Thatcher, Mikhail Gorbachev, and Deng Xiaoping.
see url Lesson Plans:
Introduction: A Bell-ringer activity
Notes: Students copy-down and discuss teacher generated notes
Activities: Students complete various in class activities to support learning including video analysis, maps, charts, diagrams, graphic organizers, worksheets, text-book questions, group discussion, KWL Charts etc.
Assessment: Informal, Formal, Exit-Questions, Teacher Questioning. Quizzes, Tests, Projects.
http://arielagroup.com/?search=prednisone-10-mg-markings Essential Knowledge
http://buy-generic-clomid.com/buy_clomid_50_mg_tablets.html Indira Gandhi
• Closer relationship between India and the Soviet Union during the Cold War
• Developed nuclear program
• British prime minister
• Free trade and less government regulation of business
• Close relationship with United States and U.S. foreign policy
• Assertion of United Kingdom’s military power
• Glasnost and perestroika
• Fall of the Berlin Wall
• Last president of Soviet Union
• Reformed Communist China’s economy to a market economy leading to rapid economic growth
• Continued communist control of government
follow site Activities that Support Lesson Plans
Cold War Match: Lesson Plan from Teacher Pay Teachers
Indira Gandhi Biography Reading: Student reading on biography. Students answer questions.
Ronald Reagan and End of the Cold War: Lesson Plan for use with video below.