see url Lesson Plans World History II SOL 14b African Independence
acquistare viagra online generico 100 mg a Napoli go site Standard: The student will demonstrate knowledge of political, economic, social, and cultural aspects of independence movements and development efforts by
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=cialis-generico-erezione source Objective: describing Africa’s achievement of independence, including Jomo Kenyatta’s leadership of Kenya and Nelson Mandela’s role in South Africa.
http://acrossaday.com/?search=generic-cialis-30-mg new drug better than viagra over the counter Lesson Plans:
Introduction: A Bell-ringer activity
Notes: Students copy-down and discuss teacher generated notes
Activities: Students complete various in class activities to support learning including video analysis, maps, charts, diagrams, graphic organizers, worksheets, text-book questions, group discussion, KWL Charts etc.
Assessment: Informal, Formal, Exit-Questions, Teacher Questioning. Quizzes, Tests, Projects.
- The independence movement in Africa
• Right to self-determination (U.N. charter)
• Peaceful and violent revolutions after World War II
• Pride in African cultures and heritage
• Resentment of imperial rule and economic exploitation
• Loss of colonies by Great Britain, France, Belgium, and Portugal; influence of superpower rivalry during the Cold War
- Examples of independence movements and subsequent development efforts
• West Africa: Peaceful transition
• Algeria: War of Independence from France
• Kenya (Britain): Violent struggle under leadership of Jomo Kenyatta
• South Africa: Black South Africans’ struggle against apartheid led by Nelson Mandela, who became the first black president of the Republic of South Africa
http://jenksgirlssoccer.com/?x=us-viagra Activities that support lesson plans:
Premium Lesson Plan Cry Freedom Film Lesson Plan and Worksheets: Includes PowerPoint, activities, and video viewing guide.
South Africa Lesson Plan After Apartheid: Activities about post-apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela Biography: Short biography reading on Nelson Mandela
Apartheid Viewpoints : Viewpoints on Apartheid.